We recently opened our new cottage, next from the first one, in our little village just 10 minutes away from Disneyland and not far away from Paris.
This opening gave us the pleasure to welcome a delicious family for two weeks. They had come already months before just for a sneak peak of the cottage as it was far far from beeing finished. But our guest were kind enough to both have a great imagination to guess what it would look like and to trust us in the fact that we would finish the cottage on time ! 🙂 Thanks again to you R & R !
We are delighted to share with you the report that our guest provided us of their two weeks in this brand new cottage. Very interesting ideas to visit your visit to Disney and of places to discover in the area.
» We chose the Gite de la Villa Chanteclair to give us a good base close enough to Marne-la-Vallee and the Disneyland resort to allow us to get the benefits of our Premium Annual Pass.
Ideas on how to manage Disneyland visits using a Premium Annual Pass
The Pass was central to how we enjoyed and used Disneyland:
• we got to the Park early (before 8am usually), and used the Pass to get early “Magic Hours” access to the rides in The Magic Kingdom
• we used the Pass to park for free in in the main car park, and we were almost always in the first two rows of parking
• we took our own packed lunches to save money and queuing time
• we left the parks before 2pm most times, to avoid the big crowds
• we made sure that at 10am sharp, when the rest of the Park opened, we headed for our favourites rides and got Fast Passes or rode them straight away, when the queue is shortest
• we also took Alexandra’s advice, and went to the Park on the quietest days, Tuesday and Thursday
Day to day visits
Day 1 – Easter Saturday – Disneyland in the morning (the boys insisted), then back to the gite to avoid the late afternoon crowds
Day 2 – Easter Sunday – to Provins for a long walk round the town, visiting two of the four ticketed sites
Day 3 – Easter Monday – chocolate egg hunting chez vous, and a lazy day watching videos
Day 4 – Tuesday – back to Disneyland – out by 1.30pm, and into Val d’Europe
Day 5 – Wednesday – Bois-le-Roi base de loisirs for a walk in the woods, and play, then to Fontainebleau to see the chateau and walk the grounds
Day 6 – Thursday – Disneyland – Hollywood Studios
Day 7 – Friday – Provins part deux, into the tunnels and around the town ramparts, very nice lunch at Mammy Gateaux in Place du Chatel
Day 8 – Saturday – Meaux, Great War Museum, very interesting, lots for the boys to look at; then to Meaux (less interesting on a cold day!)
Day 9 – Sunday – Reims – very quiet on a Sunday, should maybe have switched this and Meaux around, but cathedral very fine, and a good meal on Place Drouet d’Erlon
Day 10 – Monday – lazy day at home, visited the little park in Jossigny
Day 11 – Tuesday – Disneyland – out by midday
Day 12 – Wednesday – walk around Crecy-la-Chapelle in the afternoon
Day 13 – Thursday – Disneyland – left by 2pm
Day 14 – Friday – visit around Fontainebleau – advice – if using the audioguide with Children, *all* use the same guide at the same time to keep the boys interested in conversation about the chateau
Day 15 – Saturday – lazy day (because of Huw’s elbow), otherwise we would have visited Paris
The obvious thing that we *didn’t* do was go into Paris, but we’ve stayed in flats there before.
We also didn’t go to see the Parades in Disneyland or the fireworks, but we’ve done this in Florida – when it’s warmer 😉 »
We’ve added weblinks to the main places our guests discovered during this week.
Two interesting ideas :
1. Staying two weeks gives provides you the ability to take some rest during few lazy days. That way you don’t leave exhausted … 🙂
2. Use of an annual pass in Disneyland gives you a great comfort due to the fact that you can get in and out as much as you want. Far more simple than trying to visit as many rides as possible during one single day.
One last thing : we loves welcoming you in our garden for our annual « egg hunt ». Had the feeling that the boys weren’t the only one that would enjoy the chocolate eggs… 🙂
Thanks again for this great review and we hope to welcome you again another time.
A bientôt au Gite de la Villa Chanteclair !
Bienvenue chez vous !
Welcome Home !
Gite de la Villa Chanteclair
Gite + DisneyLand Paris + Poney + Paris = la formule idéale pour vos vacances.